Saint Andrew’s Episcopal Church is part of the Episcopal Church in the United States, which evolved from the Church of England during the American Revolution. The Episcopal Church is just one branch of the worldwide Anglican Communion numbering 60 million members in more than 100 countries.
Saint Andrew’s was founded right after the Civil War in 1870. For over 100 years we remained a mission church until we graduated to a full-fledged parish in 1978. Physically, we’ve changed very little, adding our first parish house in 1961 and our newest parish hall and education building in 1988. The original building was constructed in 1890 upon a memorial cornerstone. In celebration of Saint Andrew’s centennial in 1990, the cornerstone was opened and resealed with a new time capsule for the next century.